Disaster Relief Team Associate
For a list of all open positions, please see our Careers page.
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time temporary Disaster Relief Team Associate position in the Ruskin Office.
This position acts as a liaison between the Team Leader, Project Manager, other team members, Interns, and agencies associated with Disaster Relief Team’s assigned grant as assigned by supervisor. Primary duties and responsibilities are to coordinate interns via the SSN Program for the Disaster Relief Team, ensure all required reporting is prepared and submitted accurately and timely as outlined in grant goals and objectives, coordinating related grant projects, overseeing interns and program related training as needed. Provides a variety of support in grant submission assigned to Team Leader/Project Manager such as grant narrative writing, revisions, grant submittal, research, compiling statistical data, etc. Performs a variety of administrative support tasks assigned for the grant, monitoring grant deliverables, preparing periodic ad hoc grant reports, correspondence as required by Team.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS’ mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the four core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
201 14th Avenue SE, Suite 1
Ruskin, FL 33570
- Obtain and coordinate use of interns via the established Social Services Navigator (SSN) Program to support the DR Team clients. Conduct training, review intern’s work, ensure required and appropriate client case data is entered and maintained in the SSN case management system. Provide input to the SAU Team Coordinator for any new data fields or data requirements needed for the DR team grant in the SSN case management system as necessary.
- Coordinate grant reporting and track relevant data for Disaster Relief Team assigned grant(s). Prepare monthly, quarterly reports based on grant requirements & as outlined in grant goals and objectives. Provides administrative support for the DR team, tracks and monitors grant deliverables, fields calls, and manages correspondence from project team members etc. and other administrative tasks to support the Disaster Relief Team as needed.
- Coordinate grant projects as assigned for Disaster Relief Team, research and compile statistics and other data required for project requirements.
- Assists Team Leader with grant narratives, revisions. Responsible for assisting in submission of grant applications for Disaster Relief Team on a timely basis.
- Attends grant training or other appropriate training as necessary, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of combined experience with - Recruitment of staff or volunteers, Training of new staff or volunteers, drafting administrative reports supporting Grants or Grant related projects, and/or in-depth knowledge of disaster relief/emergency management resources plus 2 years’ experience as an admin. asst.
- Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for: High school diploma or equivalency 2 years of combined experience with - Recruitment of staff or volunteers, Training of new staff or volunteers, drafting administrative reports supporting Grants or Grant related projects, and/or in-depth knowledge of disaster relief/emergency management resources plus 3 years’ experience as an admin. asst.
- Intermediate Knowledge Level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- High level of computer literacy and ability to learn & obtain SW & systems proficiency
- Data analysis skills
- Basic knowledge of legal documents, procedures and terminology.
- Basic knowledge of legal case management systems and accurately tracking and processing legal case data using these systems.
- High level of Business writing skills
- Complaint/Objection handling skills
- Stress management skills
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Conflict management skills
- Assertiveness skills
- 1 year of experience in a non-profit organization in a similar role
- Experience with project coordination, working with data – (i.e. reporting - data analysis) helpful
- Certificate in Volunteer Management
- Depends upon experience
- Excellent benefits
- Reimbursement for mileage.
How to Apply:
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and state how you learned about the role.
- Note: This position is schedule to end on 9/30/2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.