NOTE: This position is currently unavailable. For a list of open positions, please see our Careers page.
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time Receptionist position.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Ensures the front desk welcomes guests positively, directs visitors to appropriate person, answers phones, routes callers and performs a variety of clerical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Coordinates closed file tracking and storage, general back up for Executive Assistant for office management tasks, supply maintenance for copiers, mailroom & general shared supplies for Ybor office & maintains lobby area.
- Coordinates front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail & processes outgoing mail and rotates delivery to post office with other receptionist.
- Provides basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email, looks up basic client information in Case Management system to assist clients as necessary (i.e. appointment time, appointment history, etc.) Distributes appropriate applicant packets/forms and information to applicants. Prepares forms for client signature when they arrive for appointments.
- Performs other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, correspondence, and faxing.
- Backs up Receptionist 2 by
- Helping maintain postage meter, coordinates postage refill of $2,500, and ensures mail room supplies are kept in stock.
- Conference Room Scheduling- Keep conference room calendars for all Ybor office conference rooms.
- Minimum 1-year Receptionist/phone experience or customer/client facing position with a Front office role.
- Experience with dealing with clients/customers with sensitive issues and maintaining professional composure.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic MS Outlook skills, Basic MS Excel skills, and Intermediate MS Word skills.
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational Skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and proof-reading skills.
- Very detail and deadline oriented.
- Extremely Customer focused with the desire & ability to work effectively and compassionately with clients in low income levels facing social, economic and legal issues who have limited access to services to assist them.
- Independent decision making and assessment skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and complete majority of tasks independently.
- Ability to work in and contribute effectively to a team environment.
- Knowledge of general office processes.
- Knowledge of customer service skills.
- Moderate level of Business writing skills.
- Complaint/Objection handling skills.
- Stress management skills.
- Telephone etiquette skills.
- Assertiveness skills.
- Experience with nonprofit organization a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job. Duties and tasks are frequently non-routine. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only more complex issues to a higher level. Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, reach, push, and pull. Regularly required to use hands, eyes, grip, feel. Vision includes close vision. Lifting up to 20 lbs. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Travel by car to post office required multiple days each week to drop off and pick up mail.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Still have questions?
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.