Receptionist 2 (Full-time)
For a list of open positions, please see our Careers page.
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking a full-time Receptionist position in our Ybor City Office in Tampa, FL. Primary duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, direct visitors to appropriate person, answer phones, route callers and perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks as assigned. Also coordinates closed file tracking and storage, general back up for Executive Assistant for office management tasks, supply maintenance for copiers, mailroom, & general shared supplies for Ybor office, & maintains lobby area.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS’ mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the five core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail & Process outgoing mail and rotate delivery to post office
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email, look up basic client information in Case Mgmt. system to assist clients as necessary. (i.e. appt. times, appt. history etc.) Distribute appropriate applicant packets/forms and information to applicants. Prepare forms for client signature when arrive for appointments.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, correspondence, and faxing
- Client File Storage & Maintenance – maintains open and closed files on and off-site. Arranges old file transport to off-site storage annually. Liaison with staff for file retrieval from off-site storage facilities in support of audits as needed. Tracks file age and identifies those at the 10-year mark for proper disposal. Coordinates the disposal process - arranges for shredding and removal of over 300 shredded file boxes. Once boxes are removed. If storage unit is emptied, then it is cleaned and closed out.
- Closed file transport to off-site storage – pull closed files over 3 yrs. old, organize, log, and box files. Supervise temporary staff assisting with process (if needed). Coordinate pick up and transport to off-site storage.
- Acts as back up for Executive Assistant when out of the office where need for Office Mgmt. – e.g. supplies, building maintenance/communication with landlord, staff communication for building maintenance.
- Maintain postage meter, coordinates postage refill of $2,500, ensure mail room supplies are kept in stock.
- Ybor office Toner cartridge supply - Track, order and maintain toner cartridge supplies with Office Mgmt. Company. Request copier service as needed. Keep paper stocked and ensure supplies are kept on hand.
- Maintain BALS brochures in all offices – ensure all are current
- Maintain Lobby area - postings– keep posters, flyers etc. current, notifying appropriate staff when needing replacement. Decorate lobby area for Holidays, purchase supplies as needed.
- Calendars/Tracking/Other Misc
- Conference Room Scheduling – Keep conference room calendars for all Ybor office conference rooms
- Maintain Breakroom cleaning calendar – Keeps Department/Team listing dates for cleaning
- Monitor, distribute and track court house (Hills. County) parking cards
- Company/Staff Functions – Assist in planning/coordination of various company events,
- e.g. annual staff luncheon, board meetings, company picnic, Donor Appreciation, catering etc.
- Distribute appropriate applicant packets/forms and information to applicants. Prepare forms for client signature when arrive for appointments.
- Prepare response letters for all incoming prison correspondence/request for services. Maintain template letters for prison requests and create appropriate response letter for Executive assistant to review.
- Assist with department/team projects as requested, e.g. Development mailings, stuffing envelopes etc.
- Minimum 3-year Receptionist experience or customer/client facing position within a Front office role
- Experience with dealing with clients with sensitive issues and maintaining professional composure
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Certificate of Completion (GED)
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Outlook skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Knowledge of general office processes
- Knowledge of customer service skills
- Moderate level of Business writing and clerical skills
- Complaint/Objection handling skills
- Stress management skills
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Assertiveness skills
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience with non-profit organization a plus
- Minimum hourly rate $14.65/hr, increases based on relevant experience.
- In addition, excellent benefits and reimbursement for mileage for work related events.
How to Apply:
- Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and state where you learned about this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.