Metropolitan Ministries: Thanksgiving and December Holiday Sites
Do you need help for the holidays?
Metropolitan Ministries has several holiday sites available for Thanksgiving and the December holidays. Register for each holiday individually:
This year Metropolitan Ministries is offering fully online and in-person registration. While on its website, your family will have the option to sign up for convenient locations to receive Hope. To mitigate additional travel we are partnering with strategic like-minded organizations to offer more sites across Tampa Bay.
Do I Qualify?
- Families with minor age children (0-17) struggling financially
- Currently receiving Food Stamps, Cash Assistance, Medicaid, SSI, SSD Award Letter, and/or Unemployment Benefits
- Senior citizens, 62 years or older, struggling financially and/or receiving social security income only
- Adults living only on Social Security disability benefits (SSD/SSI)
All sites will be practicing CDC and state guidelines. Sites will be operating as a Drive Through and households will remain in their vehicles. Masks will be suggested for all visitors and provided on request. All volunteers will be wearing masks and be temperature checked daily for your safety.
What Documents Should I Collect?
- Photo I.D. for applying adults
- Social Security cards or birth certificates for individuals, spouses, and minor children in the household
- Grandparents need legal proof of custody of grandchildren
- Proof of SSI, SSD, or unemployment benefits
- Current utility bill (electric – water) or lease agreement
What Do I Bring on My Pickup Day?
Please arrive with your email, text or printed confirmation, and Photo ID. Children registered for toys will be verified for Christmas.
Starting 11/02/21, for families struggling to register online or that prefer to register in person, we are offering the following two registration locations.
Metropolitan Ministries Tampa
2301 N. Tampa St. Tampa, FL 33602
Metropolitan Ministries West Pasco
3214 US-19, Holiday, FL 34691
Tuesdays: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Thursdays: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Starting 11/08/21 through 11/15/21, and 11/29/21 through 12/13/21, for families struggling to register online or that prefer to register in person, we are offering the following registration location.
Metropolitan Ministries at Restored Hope
13703 17th St, Dade City, FL 33525
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Meals On Wheels for Kids
Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger will provide two special holiday deliveries of food and toys this year for transportation-disadvantaged families, in partnership with Metropolitan Ministries, through their Meals On Wheels for Kids program, Holidays On Wheels. Sign-up is open to all households, with children, living in Hillsborough, Pasco, or Pinellas counties that lack access to a reliable vehicle OR are led by an adult who is largely homebound due to disability or illness.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.