If I have to evacuate, what legal documents should I bring with me?
Before the storm, build your evacuation folder.
Here is a quick list of important documents to include:
- Home Ownership Documents (deed, title, bill of sale, probate order, etc.)
- Insurance Records (policies, agent contact information) with your inventory of personal property
- Birth Certificates
- Social Security Cards
- Identification Documents (driver's license, government-issued ID, passports)
- Custody/Family Law Documents (marriage license, parenting plans, custody orders, guardianship orders)
- Wills or Probate Documents (including advance directives)
- Medical Records (including healthcare surrogate documents)