Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time Accounting Coordinator position on the Fiscal Team.
Provides accounting support involving accounts payable, processing vendor checks, reconciles company credit card statements and charges, processes employee expense requests, and various office administrative duties for the Operations-Fiscal team. This is a clerical position and is under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the five core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
Accounts Payable / Disbursements
- Reviews all invoices for payments as to necessary documents, approvals, due dates, purchase orders and price computations.
- Prepares/Reviews check requests and codes accounts accordingly, then enters the invoices into the financial system and provides the documents for the Controller to review/approve them. Runs appropriate reports and cross checks against totals.
- Prints all checks and prepares them for review and signing.
- Stamps all paid check requests, which contains invoices and any documentation, etc. as “PAID".
- Files all paid check requests and documents in the Accounts Payable files.
- Files all check copies numerically. Must account for all checks.
- Prepares all credit card charges for review/approval and enters them into the accounting system. Reconciles charges to statements when received.
- Ensure that organization’s tax-exempt status is communicated to all vendors and that the program is not subject to any payment of taxes.
- Set up vendors, ensure W-9 obtained, and perform vendor checks for all new vendor requests.
- Resolves disputed invoices and payments and assures that all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Processes all employee expense request, and ensures compliance with company policies when issuing payments.
Other General / Administrative
- Prepares/processes deposits and notifies Controller of funds received/deposited.
- Responsible for tracking and reviewing purchase order requests and assigning PO# once approved for the purchase of miscellaneous supplies such as copy paper, stationary, office supplies, business cards, etc.
- Keeps a log of all travel authorizations and processes/tracks advances for all staff.
- Prepares monthly invoicing / reporting for various grants.
- Opens, date stamps and distributes mail.
- Responsible for ordering Operations Team supplies
- Maintains files for correspondence, vendor files, and other fiscal documents.
- Assist with audits/audit inquiries
- Prepares deposits and records in the Clients Trust cash receipt log accordingly.
- Prepares clients trust checks as requested by the client's attorney.
Other Duties as Assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting/bookkeeping experience or experience in the same or similar position
- Excellent Verbal/Written communication skills
- Basic to intermediate Excel skills and other Microsoft Office programs
- Possess a strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Problem solving skills, ability to exercise sound judgement and complete majority of tasks independently.
- Ability to work in and contribute effectively to a team environment
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in with emphasis on accounting/finance.
- Non-profit experience
- Starting hourly rate $20.00/hr, or higher based on experience level.
How to Apply:
- Send Resume and Cover Letter (including why this position is of interest to you) to email@example.com and state how you learned about the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.