Bay Area Legal Services is a nonprofit law firm serving the Tampa Bay area with offices located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties.

To apply for services, call our Legal Aid Line: 800.625.2257, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If your matter is not an emergency, you can also apply online anytime.


NOTE: By appointment only. No walk-ins.

Hillsborough County

Ybor City
1302 N 19th Street
Suite 400
Tampa, FL 33605

Phone: 813.232.1343
Fax: 813.248.9922

Plant City
701 Tillman Place
Suite 300
Plant City, FL 33566

Phone: 813.752.1335
Fax: 813.659.0240

L. David Shear Children’s Law Center
1000 N Ashley Drive
Suite 518
Tampa, FL 33602

Phone: 813.227.9050
Fax: 813.252.3269

201 14th Avenue SE
Suite I
Ruskin, FL 33570

Phone: 813.634.6044
Fax: 813.641.1011

Volunteer Lawyers Program
George Edgecomb Courthouse
800 E Twiggs Street
Tampa, FL 33602

Phone: 813.226.8685 ext. 110
Fax: 813.226.8510

Major General Ernest A. and Marilyn Bedke Veterans Law Center
1302 N 19th Street
Suite 400
Tampa, FL 33605

Phone: 813.232.1343
Fax: 813.248.9922

Legal Information Center
George Edgecomb Courthouse
Room 101
800 E Twiggs Street
Tampa, FL 33602

For Walk-In Hours: 813.864.2280

NOTE: The Legal Information Center has moved online and is not open at the George Edgecomb Courthouse.

Pasco County

New Port Richey
7340 Little Road
Suite 101
New Port Richey, FL 34654

Phone: 727.847.5494
Fax: 727.816.1071

Dade City
14950 US Highway 301
Dade City, FL 33523

Phone: 352.567.9044
Fax: 352.567.0681

Pinellas County

St. Petersburg
4948 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33707

Phone: 727.490.4040
Fax: 727.201.4331

(Volunteer Lawyers Program)
800 Drew Street
Clearwater, FL 33755

Phone: 727.490.4040
Fax: 727.201.4331

What to Bring

Any documents that relate to your problem.


Call the office for specific accommodations or assistance.

Client Complaints and Grievance Policy

If you have been denied services, have a complaint about the firm or your assigned attorney, follow the instructions in our Client Rights policy to have your concerns heard.

If You Live in Another State

The laws are different from state to state. Search for a legal aid organization where your legal problem is based or use one of these tools:

Still have questions?

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?