If I have temporary legal custody of a relative’s child, can the child’s biological parent take them at any time?

If you have a court order giving you temporary legal custody of a child, the order will explain the biological parent’s rights to access the child.

Still have questions?

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?

Call (800) 625-2257

to apply for service.

Or complete our online application

and we will call you back.