Facts & Figures
In 2020, Bay Area Legal Services...
- Assisted 11,933 individuals, families, and community groups.
- Responded to 58,125 callers and online applicants seeking legal services.
- Helped 5,900 individuals with family law matters.
- Supported 2,055 residents in the Tampa Bay area through our Legal Information Center by providing them with legal information about how to represent themselves in family law cases.
- Celebrated the 20th anniversary of the founding of our Legal Information Center. Since it opened its doors in October 2000 to December 31, 2020, the Center assisted 120,171 people.
- Helped 3,598 senior clients.
- Assisted 226 domestic violence survivors.
- Helped 1,742 military veterans.
- Assisted 3,167 clients with housing problems.
- Helped 185 clients with employment-related matters.
- Served 519 clients through pro bono projects and clinics.
- Benefited from 2,262 hours donated to our Volunteer Lawyers Program by pro bono attorneys.
- Benefited from 1,091 hours donated to our Volunteer Lawyers Program by law students and non-Florida licensed attorneys.
- Benefited from 106 hours donated to our Volunteer Lawyers Program by paralegals and interpreters.
Upcoming Legal Clinics
Still have questions?
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.