Intake Screener (1 Full-Time 30 Hr Role)
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill Intake Screener positions in the Centralized Telephone Intake Unit. Applicants interested in the part-time position will need to be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week- maximum 29 hours per week, flexible schedules are available.
Intake Screeners are the initial telephone point of contact for all new clients of Bay Area Legal Services. This is a professional position under the supervision of the Centralized Telephone Intake (CTI) Manager, requiring knowledge of legal and community resources, public agencies, and the ability to assess, schedule and refer clients appropriately.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the mission, vision, and adhere to the five core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Initially assess applicants' legal problems over the telephone and check for conflicts of interest.
- Determine applicant eligibility in accordance with LSC regulations and other funding criteria.
- Timely process online applications as assigned and complete follow-up financial eligibility verification
- Inform applicants when they are ineligible, refer them to other sources of assistance, and give appropriate information as instructed.
- Schedule appointments through the CTI Unit for all eligible applicants from various service regions, unless the applicant meets the criteria for a special grant or has a legal emergency.
- Route eligible applicants with emergency cases and applicants who qualify for services through a specific grant to the appropriate full-service team for assistance.
- Assist with training new screeners as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Excellent communication skills & customer service skills
- Good typing skills and the ability to enter data into computer.
- Demonstrated ability to work responsibly under close supervision.
- Ability to work professionally and politely with the public under pressure, and to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Experience at a Non-Profit
- Bi-Lingual fluency in both English and Spanish, or English and Haitian-Creole
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous call center experience
- Office experience
- Receptionist or previous phone experience
- The minimum hourly rate is $14.25 - $15.00/hr and increases depending upon relevant experience
- Benefits available for Part-Time positions (Paid time off, retirement benefits, and some insurance benefits)
How to Apply:
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, "Intake Screener".
- Include where you applied for this position (ex: bals.org, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.