Staff Attorney - Family Law
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time Staff Attorney position on our Family Law Team.
Bay Area Legal Services (BALS) is seeking to hire an attorney for a full-time position on the Family Law Team. This position with the Family Law Team is funded under the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA). The attorney in this position will have a caseload and provide legal representation to individuals who have been victims of domestic violence, primarily in South Hillsborough County, FL. The attorney will work with a team of approximately seven other attorneys, and support staff, and will be expected to handle a caseload of family court cases. The position will be based in Tampa, and will involve regular travel to meet with clients in Ruskin, Florida.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the five core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Interviewing clients, some of whom have limited English proficiency, identifying available family court remedies, and providing legal advice
- Providing representation for domestic violence victims and other clients with children, primarily in family court proceedings involving divorce, paternity, parental time-sharing, support, property distribution, and other legal matters
- Referring clients to appropriate social services agencies and various community partners for additional services, if needed
- Compliance with grant requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Juris Doctorate (JD), Florida Bar licensed and in good standing with the Bar
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively communicate with clients and the legal community
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of substantive and procedural family law
- Self -motivated and goal oriented
- Two years of family law experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Starting salary $50,000.00-$52,500.00/yr. (increases based upon relevant experience)
- Excellent benefits including annual and sick leave, reimbursement for mileage for work related events, continuing education and professional licensure renewal paid, and potential eligibility for student loan forgiveness programs.
How to Apply:
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and state how you learned about the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.