Team Leader-New Port Richey (Full-time)
This position is currently unavailable. For a list of all open positions, please see our Careers page.
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time Team Leader position in New Port Richey.
This is a professional position with significant responsibility and management duties.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the
BALS’ mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the five core values of Bay Area Legal
New Port Richey
7340 Little Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
- Supervising all legal and administrative duties of all staff attorneys, law interns, law clerks, paralegals, legal secretaries, and other subordinate personnel on the team.
- Ultimate responsibility for providing quality legal services to clients through the team from intake through case conclusion.
- Responsibility for all outreach activities of the team.
- Responsibility for provision of emergency services as necessary.
- Responsible for all team members.
- Responsibility for conducting team meetings, in which team leader has authority to accept or reject cases from the week's intake.
- Responsible for case management for all staff attorneys and paralegals on the team, including caseload control which will be achieved principally through the case docket system, tickler system, and weekly team meeting minutes.
- Primary responsibility for hiring and termination of all team members, subject to approval by the Executive Director.
- Recruitment and supervision of team volunteers.
- Admission to the Florida Bar with one year of legal services experience and not less than four years of experience as a staff attorney or equivalent practice experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality legal services to individuals with limited access to legal services.
- A willingness to undertake major management tasks.
- Experience in general legal practice with a preference given to legal services experience.
- Experience and/or ability to supervise and work closely with others.
- Sympathetic understanding of social, economic, as well as legal problems of individuals with limited access to legal services.
- Experience in personnel management.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.