Free Tax Preparation 2023
In-person tax filing by appointment only. Remote tax prep assistance also available.
Have your federal tax return prepared, e-filed and direct deposited for FREE.
You don’t need to pay $240 or more for simple tax preparation. IRS-certified volunteers will prepare your taxes and ensure you get the largest refund for which you qualify. You may also be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) when you file.
Tax Prep Locations
Several locations are available in DeSoto, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pinellas, and Sarasota counties. Book your VITA in-person appointment at uwsvita.org or call 833-897-8482.
- Federal Photo IDs (If filing jointly, both spouses must be present WITH ID.)
- ORIGINAL Social Security cards and correct birthdates for all family members
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked during the current tax year
- All 1098 forms (for mortgage, higher education expenses, etc.)
- All 1099 & other income forms
- Amount of any income not reported on a statement
- Records of deductibles/qualified expenses not shown on a statement
- A voided check and/or savings account number for direct deposit (encouraged)
- Childcare provider info (name, address, tax ID/social security number)
- Last year's federal income tax return
NOTE: If you have received a notice or letter from the IRS, please bring it with you.
File your own taxes for FREE.
Free remote tax filing is available from the comfort of your own home while still having access to help from certified volunteers.
This is the right option for you if:
- Your AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) is $73,000 or less
- You are only filing for 2022 (not previous years)
- You’re comfortable using online tax services
- Your tax situation is simple/straightforward
Visit uwsvita.org to get started.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.