I entered into an installment agreement with the IRS. Now I cannot make the payments. What can I do?

The IRS allows for changes in circumstances.

You may learn more about your options by calling the IRS at 800.829.1040 or visiting the IRS website to read about the different payment options available like installment agreementsoffers in compromise, and delaying collection in what is known as "currently not collectible status."

NOTE: Be careful not to search "IRS.com" or "IRS.net." These are not government websites, but may be run by for-profit businesses. You may also call the IRS at 800.829.1040.

Tax matters may be difficult to handle by yourself. You may contact Bay Area Legal to determine if you are eligible for our services.


Still have questions?

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?

Call (800) 625-2257

to apply for service.

Or complete our online application

and we will call you back.