No Place Like Home
No Place Like Home is a pre-disaster pro bono project that helps low-income homeowners in Florida clear title to their homes through probate, quiet title actions, preparation and filing of corrective documents or administrative process involving mobile home titles.
The Florida Bar’s Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section (RPPTL) has partnered with No Place Like Home since 2015. RPPTL members provide training and mentor assistance to volunteer attorneys; assist with recruitment; and provide pro bono representation to eligible clients.
How Can You Help?
- Provide pro bono representation
- Train pro bono attorneys
- Develop training materials and forms
- Review and assess potential NPLH case
- Mentor pro bono attorneys
- Mentor legal services staff
Pro Bono Support We Provide to You
- Professional liability insurance
- Mentor attorneys
- Reimbursement of litigation costs
- Training/free CLEs
- Interpreters and much more
No Place Like Home Pilots Across Florida
- Bay Area Legal Services
- Legal Aid of Manasota
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Legal Services of North Florida
For information about volunteer opportunities in non-pilot areas, please contact Nancy Lugo, attorney coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.