Staff Attorney–Plant City–Spanish Fluency Required (Full-time)
One open position for a Staff Attorney under the Lawyers Helping Kids Grant to represent families with children birth through 3rd grade or expecting. This attorney will provide services for families residing in the southern and eastern portions of Hillsborough County, working primarily out of the Bay Area Legal office in Plant City, and secondarily out of our office in Ruskin.
- Representation in civil court, including emergency advocacy.
- Provide counseling and advice to clients, many of whom are victims of domestic violence or speak English as a second language.
- Referrals to social services agencies and various community partners in support of holistic assistance to those experiencing legal problems.
- Opportunity to practice in traditional areas of public interest law such as family law, housing, and benefits.
- Periodic Community Outreach and participation in work-related events.
- Spanish fluency required.
- Florida Bar License and in good standing.
- Two years of experience post-bar admission, preferably in family law related areas of law.
- Bi-lingual/Spanish fluency preferred.
- $46,930 (depending on experience), excellent benefits, and mileage reimbursement for travel.
How to Apply
- Send resume and cover letter to HRresumes@bals.org. Please include "Staff Attorney–Plant City" in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.