Staff Attorney – Plant City, Lawyer's Helping Kids (Full-time)
This position is currently unavailable. For a list of open positions, please see our Careers page.
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time Staff Attorney position in Plant City.
One (1) open full-time position for a Staff Attorney under the Lawyers Helping Kids Grant (Relative Caregiver Program) to provide representation to families with children from birth through 5th grade or expecting. This attorney will provide services for families residing in the southern and eastern portions of Hillsborough County, working primarily out of the BALS office in Plant City, and secondarily out of our office in Ruskin. This program helps provides stability to those families in need of a court order, who have under taken the responsibility of caring and providing for children living with them. Litigation typically involves temporary custody or adoption of minor children.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS’ mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the five core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
701 Tillman Place
Plant City, FL 33566
- Representation in civil court including emergency advocacy.
- Provide counseling and advice to clients, some of whom speak English as a second language.
- Referrals to and from social services agencies and various community partners in support of holistic assistance to those experiencing legal problems.
- Periodic Community Outreach and participation in work related events.
- FL Bar License and in Good Standing, and Juris Doctorate
- Two years of experience post bar admission, preferably in family law related areas of law.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.