Staff Attorney – Plant City (Full-time)
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time Staff Attorney position in Plant City.
This position is funded under the Lawyers Helping Kids (LHK) grant which is funded by The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County. The Attorney in this position will provide representation to families who have children from birth through five. Community agencies with whom Bay Area Legal partners refer potential clients to Bay Area Legal for consultation and determination regarding how to best meet the legal needs of county residents through the Lawyers Helping Kids program.
701 Tillman Place
Plant City, FL 33566
- Representation in civil court including emergency advocacy.
- Providing advocacy to clients, some of whom speak English as a second language.
- Referrals to social and health care agencies and various community partners in support of holistic assistance to those experiencing legal problems.
- Practice in traditional areas of public interest law including housing, family law, landlord/tenant matters, and other substantive matters as appropriate.
- Training of community partners, community outreach, and work-related events.
- Community partnership events as appropriate.
- Juris Doctorate (JD), Florida Bar licensed and in good standing with the Bar.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and review work of others.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with legal database systems to document case assignments.
- Sympathetic and compassionate understanding of the social, economic, and legal issues faced by low-income individuals and the elderly with limited access to such services. Ability to relate well and effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
- One year of experience post-bar admission, preferably in public interest law.
- $53,000 (depending upon experience), excellent benefits including annual and sick leave, reimbursement for mileage, continuing education, and professional licensure renewal paid.
How to Apply
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Staff Attorney – Plant City."
- Include where you applied for this position (ex: bals.org, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.