2020 Florida Bar Exam Applicant
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a part-time, temporary position on our St. Petersburg Team.
This part-time, temporary position will assist Landlord/Tenant eviction issues. The applicant is primarily responsible for conducting intakes, providing advice and counsel and when appropriate extended representation or mediation on landlord/tenant eviction issues. Some of the administrative responsibilities include: outreach, data collection and assistance with reports. This is an opportunity under the Temporary Supervised Legal Practice Program under Supreme Court Administrative Order.
4948 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33707
- To coordinate and conduct outreach and coordination to assist with landlord/tenant mediation program.
- To assist with client intake and consultations
- To provide advice and counsel and extended representation when appropriate through both mediation and litigation.
- To create and produce outreach efforts to educate and impact community about the program.
- To help track assessment goals and create reports.
- Organize and conduct online virtual trainings.
- Confidentially maintain records, document all outcomes, and produce periodic reports.
- Preferred experience with mediation, landlord/tenant issues.
- Approved under the Temporary Supervised Legal Practice Program
- Preferred experience with digital content creation and hard copy materials.
- Commitment for several months during this short term period until December 2020.
- Proficient at online format: Zoom
- Ability to work remotely
- In-Person Court Appearance or Mediation if required
- Mostly remote assignments conducted through online platform and meetings.
- Weekly meetings with St. Petersburg Team
- Depends upon experience.
How to Apply
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "2020 FL Bar Exam Applicant". Include where you found this position (ex: bals.org, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.