Development Assistant (Full-Time 30 Hours Per Week)
NOTE: For a list of open positions, please see our Careers page.
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time position on our Development team (30 hours per week)
This position provides administrative support to the Development Team. This includes gift processing, data entry, prospect research, event planning & coordination, digital communication, handling information requests, donor campaign support, ordering and maintaining supplies, producing acknowledgement letters, and organizing development meetings coordinating direct mail materials and other development printed material items.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS’ mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the four core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Perform general administrative duties/support, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records, donor data entry, thank you letters and other basic administrative support (copying, faxes, filing) as well as miscellaneous tasks and orders. IE: Route invoices according to Fiscal requirements, order donor recognition plaques, pick up in-kind contributions, drop off vendor checks.
- Reconcile, file and maintain organized gift records.
- Maintain a Development calendar and schedule internal and external appointments and meetings with donors, volunteers, board leadership, client interviews, and staff. Reserve and prepare conference rooms and assist in ordering refreshments for meetings, donor visits, and events.
- Occasional outreach to donors for credit card renewals, keeping updated donor information in our database, or to thank a donor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by CEO or the Development Director.
- Assist in preparing materials for use in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospects. IE: Donor packets and committee packets, & donor profiles.
- Assist with and support all development programs and projects.
- Assist with special event planning and coordinate event details. This includes, but is not limited to, invitations, mailing lists, registration, signage, event check-in, vendor communications, etc.
- Prepare development meeting agendas, minutes/action emails, and presentations.
- Provide backup for marketing and communications efforts that includes creating, editing, proofreading documents, brochures, and other materials. Coordinate direct mail pieces and/or other printed materials including working vendor coordination (printer, post office etc.)
- Draft personal solicitation email templates for BOD and Executives to use in reaching new donors/partners.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience providing administrative support.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle fast pace and maintaining professional demeanor.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered. Interaction with multiple levels of personnel and outside Board members a plus as well as experience with Razors Edge.
- 6 mos – 1-year Experience in a development department a plus
- Experience with projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Business or other related field
- Depends upon experience
- Excellent benefits
- Reimbursement for mileage.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and state how you learned about the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.