Social Worker – Team ABLE (Full-time)
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a Full-Time Social Worker position on our housing unit called ABLE (Advocates for Basic Legal Equality).
This position is for a MSW to provide direct case management to families with a focus on housing stability and/ or other poverty law issues. Develop relationships with clients alongside attorney advocates to evaluate and provide an overall assessment of a family’s housing, or other needs, and identify services necessary to meet the needs of the family. Assess families, assist them in setting case plan goals, provide case planning updates to partner agencies and attorney advocates, and perform client visits if needed. Work with appropriate agencies to ensure referrals for needed services are provided in a timely manner. This position involves networking and working closely with attorney advocates, community agencies, private agencies, Tampa Housing Authority, Hillsborough County, Landlords, and other members of the community. Provide necessary documentation and support to track case progress, highlight barriers to housing stability or access to services needed. Collect and maintain data on cases in order to create and submit regular grant reports as needed. Attention to detail is crucial.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS’ mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the five core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Provide an overall assessment of family needs around housing stability or other issues, assist them in setting goals, provide case management, and identify services necessary to establish housing, economic, or family stability. Provide case planning updates to partner agencies and attorney advocates, and perform client visits if needed. Act as social advocate for the family in various stages of the rental process and/or emergency temporary housing placement process. Assist with referrals to appropriate agencies in a timely manner.
- Attend regular interdisciplinary team meetings with attorney advocates and review caseload regularly with supervisor.
- Provide necessary documentation and support to track case progress, and collect and maintain data needed to create regular grant reports. Create and submit regular grant reports as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with referral agencies. Meeting periodically with staff and funding sources to discuss issues involving housing stability.
- Participates in trainings and meetings within the community to address barriers to housing stability.
- Two years of related professional experience plus Master’s degree in social work from an accredited University.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality social services to low- or modest-income clients and those clients from vulnerable populations such as seniors, veterans, and single-income households.
- Experience in general social work including working with clients on housing and employment stability.
- Deep understanding of client confidentiality and client service.
- An ability to work closely with others and a willingness to accept supervision.
- Sympathetic understanding of the social, economic, as well as legal problems of individuals with limited access to legal services. Strong advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating grant reports or other similar reports and documenting case plans with high attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work within and across public and private systems and demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve. Existing knowledge of community resources in Hillsborough County. Experience with housing advocacy. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power. Intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook.
- Experience with housing advocacy.
- Knowledge of and experience in counseling and crisis intervention techniques required.
- Starting salary $40,988.00/yr, or higher based on experience level.
How to Apply:
- Send Resume and Cover Letter (including why this position is of interest to you) to email@example.com and state how you learned about the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.