Judge Don Castor Community Law Center
The Judge Don Castor Community Law Center provides free transactional legal assistance to eligible nonprofit charities with legal needs in the areas of corporate, tax, real estate, employment, zoning, land use, risk management/insurance, and intellectual property.
Our clients serve local low-income U.S. citizens and/or lawful residents and distressed communities in Hillsborough, North Pinellas, and Pasco counties.
In partnership with the Florida Community Development Legal Project, a statewide collaborative project with other legal aid organizations in Florida, the Community Law Center also provides legal assistance to nonprofit affordable housing and community developers as well as small businesses owned by low to moderate-income individuals who serve or reside in distressed communities throughout Florida.
The Community Law Center is a member of Exponentum®, a national network of business law pro bono providers dedicated to improving the quality of life in low-income and disadvantaged communities by expanding the availability and quality of pro bono business legal services for nonprofits that serve those communities. We periodically offer free educational webinars.
It is our mission to provide our clients with the essential legal services they need but cannot otherwise afford. Our goal is to help our clients remain a sustainable resource for our community.
We are available to speak to your group or organization about our services or specific legal topics.
Coronavirus Resources for Nonprofit Organizations and Small Businesses
The Judge Don Castor Community Law Center cares about you, our local nonprofits, and small businesses. At this time of crisis, we want to help you find the trustworthy resources you need to help your business weather this storm. We will regularly update the information on this site by sharing local, regional, and national links covering a variety of COVID-19 issues.
- Dear Non-Profits, Small Businesses, Artists, Freelancers, Gig Workers, Self-Employers, Part-Timers, and Solo Shop Warriors Wondering What’s Next: This Money is For You. Please Take It. (Amanda L. Kool/Medium)
- How to Get Loans Under The CARES Act: The Paycheck Protection Program (Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta)
- CARES Act Provides Financial Relief for Nonprofit Organizations (Venable LLP)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What Nonprofit Employers Need to Know (Exponentum)
- Legal Alert: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Pro Bono Partnership)
- COVID-19 Resources for Small Businesses (Florida Community Development Legal Project)
- Business Relief Resources (City of Tampa)
- Coronavirus Updates (Tampa Bay Chamber)
Recursos sobre coronavirus para organizaciones sin fines de lucro y pequeñas empresas
El Centro de Derecho Comunitario del Juez Don Castor se preocupa por usted, nuestras organizaciones sin fines de lucro locales y las pequeñas empresas. En este momento de crisis, queremos ayudarlo a encontrar los recursos confiables que necesita para ayudar a su negocio a superar esta tormenta. Actualizaremos regularmente la información en este sitio compartiendo enlaces locales, regionales y nacionales que cubran una variedad de temas de COVID-19.
- Estimadas organizaciones sin fines de lucro, pequeñas empresas, artistas, trabajadores independientes, trabajadores ‘gig’, trabajadores autónomos, trabajadores a tiempo parcial y guerreros empresarios que se preguntan ¿y ahora qué?: este dinero es para ustedes. Por favor, tómenlo. (Amanda L. Kool/Medium)
- Alivio de negocios (La Ciudad de Tampa)