Stimulus Checks During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Crisis
This resource contains common questions about the Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check) during the COVID-19 crisis for Tampa Bay area residents including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Manatee, and Sarasota counties.
Apply for services by phone Monday-Friday, 9.a.m.-4:30 p.m., or apply online anytime.
- Legal Aid Line: (800) 625-2257
- Senior Legal Helpline: (888) 895-7873
- Veterans Legal Helpline: (866) 486-6161
Are You Still Waiting on Your Stimulus Check?
- It's not too late to get your Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check) worth $1,200 or more
- The payment isn’t taxable and you won't need to pay it back
- The payment won't impact your benefits or immigration status
- There is no late filing penalty if you don't owe taxes
Are Your Eligible for a Stimulus Check?
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident or qualifying resident alien with a valid Social Security number
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer
- Adjusted gross income under certain limits
If you believe you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check) AND you are not required to file a tax return, that may be the reason for the delay.
If you don’t usually file a tax return, the IRS may not have enough information to determine your eligibility. This includes those who have no income, or who receive the federal benefits listed below:
- Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Affairs Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefits
- Railroad Retirement (RRB) benefits
If this applies to you, the IRS recently extended the deadline for applying. You now have until November 21, 2020 to apply for the stimulus check by providing your information to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Go to the IRS website and provide the required information using the IRS Non-Filers Tool
Last updated: October 13, 2020
Still have questions?
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.