I own the mobile home but my name is not on the title. What should I do?

You and the seller must complete Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Form 82050 (Notice of Sale and/or Bill of Sale). You both also must complete Form 82040 (Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration). Then, submit both forms to your local Tax Collector’s office.

If the seller has moved and cannot be located or the seller has died, you will need to file a case in court. You will request a Declaratory Judgment that instructs the clerk to put the title in your name.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?