I thought I can get unemployment benefits if I lose my job. How do I apply?

If you are fired, are laid off, or quit a job, you can apply for temporary financial assistance. This used to be called “unemployment compensation.” It is now called “reemployment assistance benefits.” This may provide you with a weekly check while you look for new work.

In Florida, the maximum weekly benefit is $275, generally for up to 26 weeks. You can apply online by going to FloridaJobs.org, then under the “Reemployment Assistance” box click on “CONNECT (File Your Claim).”

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?