Will I receive alimony?

It depends. You may if you and your spouse agree that you will get alimony (spousal support).

If there is no agreement, the judge may order your spouse to pay spousal support. You will have to prove that you need it, and that your spouse has the ability to pay.

If the Court orders an alimony payment, the type of alimony and the amount will depend on a list of factors the Court has to consider.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?