I own the mobile home but my name is not on the title. What should I do?

You and the seller must complete Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Form 82050 (Notice of Sale and/or Bill of Sale). You both also must complete Form 82040 (Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration). Then, submit both forms to your local Tax Collector’s office.

If the seller has moved and cannot be located or the seller has died, you will need to file a case in court. You will request a Declaratory Judgment that instructs the clerk to put the title in your name.

Still have questions?

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?

Call (800) 625-2257

to apply for service.

Or complete our online application

and we will call you back.