Administrative Assistant Legal (Full-time)
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill a full-time legal administrative assistant position on our Family Law team.
This position will provide support to attorney(s) by performing administrative duties.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Ongoing Case support—Log incoming mail and track deadlines/calendar court dates, etc., assist with scheduling translators/interpreters and prepare payment for these as necessary, log and track client court-ordered classes/deadlines, disclosures, updated financial affidavits, etc., draft simple pleadings, notarize documents, e-file pleadings. Assist with correspondence, phone calls, preparing and proofreading documents for submission, etc.
- Case closure—Prepare closing letters and client evaluation/satisfaction surveys, copy & file surveys if returned, complete/review closing checklist prior to closing file in Legal Server, complete LSC compliance checklist prior to official closing of file, review with & verify Team Leader check off is complete, close briefs & files in case management system.
- Receiving referrals, performing conflict checks, searching and downloading online court records, and forwarding to attorneys.
- Other Administrative support duties—copies, distribute mail, prepare outgoing mail (certified), maintain hard copy files, phones, fax, etc.
- Perform other duties as designated by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Certificate of Completion (GED) with 3 years of experience as administrative assistant and 1 of these years in a Legal Administrative Assistant or Legal Administrative Support Position.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, very detailed, and deadline oriented.
- Ability to interview clients to determine essential facts and issues with regard to the nature and severity of their legal problems.
- Ability to work responsibly and independently, being a contributing team member, and comfortable with case management and organizing files and data.
- Ability and willingness to work in close contact with staff on legal problems of clients and to accept supervision and instruction.
- Sympathetic and compassionate understanding of the social, economic, and legal issues faced by low-income individuals with limited access to such services. Ability to relate well and effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Depends upon experience, excellent benefits, and mileage reimbursement for travel.
How to Apply
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Administrative Assistant Legal."
- Include where you applied for this position (ex: bals.org, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.