Online Applications Screener (Part-time)
Bay Area Legal Services is seeking to fill an Online Applications Screener position in the Centralized Telephone Intake Unit.
Intake Screeners are the initial telephone point of contact for all new clients of Bay Area Legal Services. This is a professional position under the supervision of the Centralized Telephone Intake (CTI) Supervisor and Manager, requiring knowledge of legal and community resources, public agencies, and the ability to assess, schedule and refer clients appropriately. This is a Remote Position working Monday-Friday from 4:30pm-8:30pm. Training will take place in the office during regular business hours for the first 3-4 weeks of employment.
Applicants seeking employment with us should understand and share our commitment to the BALS’ mission and vision, and be willing to abide by the five core values of Bay Area Legal Services.
1302 N 19th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Determine applicant eligibility in accordance with LSC regulations and other funding criteria.
- Timely process online applications as assigned and complete follow-up financial eligibility verification via telephone. Initially assess applicants' legal problems for eligibility and check for conflicts of interest.
- Inform applicants when they are ineligible, refer them to other sources of assistance, and give appropriate information as instructed.
- Schedule appointments through the CTI Unit for all eligible applicants from various service regions, unless the applicant meets the criteria for a special grant or has a legal emergency.
- Route eligible applicants with emergency cases and applicants who qualify for services through a specific grant to the appropriate full-service team for assistance.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Excellent communication skills & customer service skills
- Good typing skills and the ability to enter data into computer.
- Demonstrated ability to work responsibly under close supervision.
- Ability to work professionally and politely with the public under pressure, and to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Experience at a Non-Profit
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous call center experience
- Bi-Lingual fluency in English and Haitian-Creole
- Office experience
- Receptionist or previous phone experience
- Bi-Lingual fluency in both English and Spanish
- The minimum hourly rate is $14.25 - $15.00/hr. and increases depending upon relevant experience
- Benefits available for Part-Time positions (Paid time off, paid holidays, retirement benefits, and some insurance benefits)
How to Apply:
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, "Intake Screener".
- Include where you applied for this position (ex: bals.org, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.