I am evacuating with family members who have special needs. What do I need to know?

If you have a family member with special needs, you must consider their needs when evacuating:

  1. Determine what they need for health and safety. Are there medications, special foods, equipment, comfort objects, or other necessary items?
  2. Verify that your local shelter will meet their needs. If not, ask if a special needs shelter is available.
  3. If you are the legal guardian or have specific custody papers, bring them in your evacuation folder.
  4. Review FEMA's information on hurricane preparedness for persons with disabilities and special needs.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?