I have a court-ordered parenting plan. I must evacuate with my child due to the disaster. What should I do?

If time permits, communicate with your child's other parent. Explain your evacuation plan. Keep a record of this communication, through email or texting.

Even with a disaster, you are required to comply with the timesharing arrangement -- as reasonably possible. If protecting your child’s safety during a disaster prevents you from complying temporarily, a court would likely understand.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?