I own my mobile home and am behind on lot rent payments to the mobile home park. The park has FEWER than ten lots. What can happen?

Your landlord can give you a written 3-Day Notice to Pay Rent or Vacate. The notice can be mailed, hand-delivered, or posted on or near your mobile home. The three days cannot include weekends or holidays when the court closes.

If you do not pay the rent within the three days or vacate the home, the landlord can terminate your rental agreement and file an eviction lawsuit against you. An eviction is the legal process to remove you from the home.

If you pay the rent as required in the notice, the landlord is not supposed to file an eviction against you. The landlord must accept your rent if you try to fully pay it within the three days.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?