What is required to make a will?
A will is valid in Florida if:
- The person who wrote the will signs it at the end of the document
- Two witnesses sign the will
- Each person who signs attests:
- That they knew they were signing a will
- That they all signed the will in front of each other
- All signatures are notarized
For additional information, see our Advance Planning common questions and resources.
Upcoming Legal Clinics
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.