How long will a temporary custody by extended family case take?

It depends.

If the parents consent, this can be a simple process. If one or both parents object, then it is difficult to predict, usually six months or longer.

Still have questions?

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?

Call (800) 625-2257

to apply for service.

Or complete our online application

and we will call you back.