Can I fight an eviction that claims I did not pay the rent?

You can defend against eviction for these reasons:

  1. You never got the 3-Day Notice
  2. The amount in the Notice was not right
  3. The Notice had incorrect dates or was for an amount that was not rent

Even if you can defend, you must deposit your rent due with the Clerk of Court. If you do not, you will likely lose your case without going to court.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?