I believe that I am being abused. How can I protect myself?

If you are a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, you can file a petition for an Injunction for Protection. There are several types of petitions for injunctions. The type depends on your relationship with the perpetrator and the type of violence you experience.

We can assist with filing a petition for an injunction. If you are concerned about your safety, need shelter, or feel that filing for an injunction may put you at risk, you should call a domestic violence center in the Tampa Bay area. A case manager can help with safety planning.

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?