I bought a used car “as is” that is having all sorts of problems. How do I get it fixed?

If you buy a car “as is” there is little protection if something goes wrong. You should be sure you get a warranty on the car before buying. Warranties are often limited to certain types of repairs and the “fine print” often allows a seller to avoid paying for repairs.

Always have a trusted mechanic perform a thorough inspection before buying. If the seller will not allow an inspection, it’s best to not buy that car. If there are known problems with the car, you can still buy it but tell the seller you want to take the cost of the repairs needed off the price of the car.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?