I was working 20 years on the same job. I am not in a union and do not have an employment contract. My boss came in one day and fired me without giving any reason. What can I do?

Florida is an “employment at will” state. This means an employer can fire you without a reason and you generally have no legal right to get your job back or to sue for damages.

The answer is different if you had an employment contract or were in a union. Your contract or collective bargaining agreement with your union would likely provide specific legal rights.

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?