If I have to evacuate, what legal documents should I bring with me?

Before the storm, build your evacuation folder.

Here is a quick list of important documents to include: 

  • Home Ownership Documents (deed, title, bill of sale, probate order, etc.) 
  • Insurance Records (policies, agent contact information) with your inventory of personal property 
  • Birth Certificates 
  • Social Security Cards 
  • Identification Documents (driver's license, government-issued ID, passports) 
  • Custody/Family Law Documents (marriage license, parenting plans, custody orders, guardianship orders) 
  • Wills or Probate Documents (including advance directives) 
  • Medical Records (including healthcare surrogate documents)

Are you a Hillsborough County renter having housing problems? Help is available!

The Hillsborough County Housing Stability Program provides Hillsborough tenants the knowledge, resources, and services to effectively, efficiently, and amicably solve their disputes with their landlords outside the court system.

Man on porch

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?