My wife and I bought our home over 30 years ago. She died and my name is not on the title. How can I get my name on the title?

If your wife had a will, it must be submitted to the court to verify its validity and determine who is entitled to the home under the terms of the will. This is known as a probate proceeding. If she died without a will, the probate court will follow Florida law to determine who inherits the home.

The Legal Information Center is a free program to provide information to people who are representing themselves in Family Law cases in Hillsborough County. Get the information you need to make an informed decision about your case.

Legal Information Center

Apply for Services

If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.

How do I apply? Am I eligible?