Justice for Veterans
Civil legal problems—from threatened evictions to unlawfully withheld benefits—are often the greatest obstacles to a veteran’s health, housing, stability, and productivity.
Our Solution: Justice for Veterans
Bay Area Legal provides the necessary civil legal aid for veterans to maintain stability after their service. We launched the Major General Ernest A. and Marilyn Bedke Veterans Law Center in 2018 to serve the unique legal needs of veterans and their families, and we partner with a large network of Veterans’ resources to ensure that our clients receive holistic care.
The Florida Veterans Legal Helpline
Our Veterans Programs include statewide help through our Florida Veterans Legal Helpline (1-866-486-6161), which connects eligible low-income veterans with experienced attorneys for free.
The Medical-Legal Partnership Explained
Bay Area Legal Services has established several Medical-Legal Partnerships (MLPs) on-site at VA hospitals in our service area to meet veterans’ needs. Our attorneys also provide onsite legal clinics at:
- James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital
- C. W. Bill Young VA Medical Center
- Manatee County VA Outreach Center
- Sarasota County Outreach Center
Join the Fight for Justice!
While our resources to serve these veterans are limited, the veteran population in our area is growing rapidly, and so is the need for our services.
By supporting our Justice Works! Campaign, you can help us to serve those who have served our country.
The Major General Ernest A. and Marilyn Bedke Veterans Team Seeks To:
- Expand the Veterans Initiative Team for improved outreach to veterans within our five-county service area.
- Set the standard for innovation, delivering compassionate legal services through breakthrough projects such as our new statewide Veterans Legal Helpline.
- Increase unrestricted funds, allowing agility in meeting the evolving needs of low-income veterans.
- Ensure access to justice for all Florida veterans in need of legal support – whether through self-help resources, on-site advice, the Veterans Legal Helpline, or individual representation.
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.