Free Legal Help for Eligible Clients in Sarasota
Bay Area Legal Services is a nonprofit law firm providing free civil legal services to low-income Tampa Bay area residents.
Our service area includes Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Manatee, and Sarasota counties.
Sarasota residents are served by our various offices.
NOTE: All office locations are by appointment only. No walk-ins.
Apply for Services
We have free language interpreters. Let us know if you would like an interpreter.
These Services are Open to all Florida Residents
Senior Legal Helpline
Free legal help for eligible Florida residents aged 60 and older.
Veterans Legal Helpline
Free legal help for eligible military veterans living in Florida.
We Can Help with Many Legal Problems
- Problems with your home and eviction
- Family issues (divorce, guardianship, custody, adoption, abuse protection)
- Money problems and bankruptcy
- Special help for seniors and veterans
- Support for nonprofit businesses
- Disaster events
Our Legal Help May Include
- Giving legal information and advice
- Providing simple assistance and ways to help yourself
- Helping you find a free attorney
- Representing you in court
- Providing referrals to other agencies that can help
Eligibility for Help
Not everyone is eligible for services. Those who are eligible will receive services based on our available resources.
We cannot help with criminal, traffic matters, or some other areas of law such as personal injury.
Areas We Serve
Serving all of Hillsborough County, including (but not limited to):
Serving all of Pasco County, including (but not limited to):
Serving all of Pinellas County, including (but not limited to):
Serving all of Manatee County, including (but not limited to):
Serving all of Sarasota County, including (but not limited to):
Apply for Services
If you live or have a case in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Sarasota counties, we may be able to help.